Monday 13 February 2012

Sachin's honey roasted parsnips with thyme and garlic



I have been obsessed lately with My Fitness Pal iphone app! The app monitors your weight and nutrition by logging in your food diary everyday and then it tells you how much you've eaten, what vitamins you still need to have for the day etc. It's really cool but yes it gets boring at the end maybe. I have been doing it for 3 weeks now and I have been very good with sweets and haven't had any for the past 2 weeks!! I even convinced my friend Shireen to get the app and now we share our food diaries and I can spy on her and see what she's eating ha!

Anyway, back to the main reason for this post, and it's to share with you Sachin's yummy yummy dish! Again this is not Lebanese, but has mediterranean ingredients ;)

Sachin was invited to his friend's house for a dinner party last weekend and he made this amazing dish which was very yummy and I couldn't but share it with you! It's very light and very delicious and most importantly, very easy!


Ingredients:
  • 4 parsnips
  • 10 twigs of thyme
  • 12 unpeeled cloves of garlic
  • 3 tablespoons of honey
  • 4 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil

sea salt and fresh pepper to taste


Cut parsnips longitudinally up to 1cm thin sticks. Lay them out on a baking tray, lightly tap the unpeeled garlic cloves and spread them on top of the parsnips, add thyme twigs between them, sprinkle salt and pepper and spread the honey evenly across the parsnips. and finish with olive oil.

Bake it on 180 degrees for 25min, until the parsnips are cooked and start becoming crispy.

Et Voila!

If you try it , please send me your feedback and a photo :)



No comments:

Post a Comment